Last week I started sharing what I’ve learned about life. Here is the rest of the list:
6. What you have matters less than what you do with it. That’s true with your body, your material goods, your life situation. You can live a rich life just by using what you have with style or passion.
7. Enjoy the little things, whether it’s a sunset or a friend’s smile. As Laura Ingalls Wilder put it, “I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
8. Be where you are when you’re there. Live in the moment, instead of ruminating about the past or worrying about the future. Feel the emotions you are experiencing now, then move on.
9. Exercise your right to vote (or start when you’re 18). It is interesting to learn about issues and candidates, and satisfying to have your say. And sometimes your vote really makes a difference; it happens in Alaskan elections quite often!
10. And of course, savor the power of words. Use them wisely, enjoy them, make them part of your life.
Anything you’d like to respond to, or any items we should add to this?